Sunday, July 1, 2012

New experiences on this Sunday



Today I took advantage of the well-known and revered chapel on campus. I went to my first Episcopal Church service and witnessed different traditions unlike the ones I practice at my Methodist church. It was an enlightening experience that showed me a new perspective on faith! I was surrounded by beautiful architecture that only heightened my experience. Afterwards my friends and I were greeted by Rachel P. who was kindly handing out lemonade. It was a refreshing surprise! 

The rest of the day consisted of free time and relaxation. Around midafternoon the entire group left for a swim at the res that kept us sane in the insane heat. By the time we returned back to Hoffman dorm it was almost time for dinner! 

Today was also a pivotal moment in the cafeteria because of the transition to a self-op program which allows Chef Rick to take control of all the food options (many of them organic/local). So basically, everyone is now nutritionally satisfied and pleased with the food. To round off the day’s ventures we had a discussion with Dr. Evans about our impact on the world and the constant change that is occurring simultaneously. It really opened my eyes to the issues that face my generation (and generations to come) in the near future.  All in all, it was a great day filled with new experiences, play time, great food, and learning!

Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment