Thursday, July 7, 2011

Rain and Sweat


We started today with rain and it ended in sweat. Gross, but true. Group B started with a game of GeoCache - finding objects using clues and GPS. My group was amazing! Maggie was the motivating competitor. Lydia was our strategizer. Scott was our muscle. I took pictures and enjoyed the ride. With ten objects found, we thought we had the competition in the bag but another group beat us with twelve found. I was disappointed but proud of my team.

After lunch, the whole group went on a hike learning about the geology of the land. We visited caves and scaled muddy cliff sides. It was all fun and games until someone stepped on a hornet’s nest. I was stung two times. I was so happy that Caroline, who is deathly allergic to everything, was not stung. It was painful but it wasn't something benadryl couldn't fix. The hike was difficult and we were drenched by the time we reached the van but it was so worth it.

I've only been here for two days and I'm so happy to be here. The people and the scenery are amazing, not to mention the amazing professors who run the sessions. It already feels like forever. Can't wait for tomorrow.

Addy

No comments:

Post a Comment